Being creative with your hair and trying out different styles can often feel like art. From putting rainbow colour clips between the strands to tying it up this way or that way, there are many ways to experiment your hair, so that you can find the look that just speaks to you.
Just having beautiful, sturdy hair can get boring if it always looks the same way. You may want to experience change by trying out different trends to find something that suits you. Who knows, you might actually find something more comfortable.
A bun is a term for a hairstyle where the hair is tied behind your head in a knot. Sound simple enough? Well, for something so uncomplicated, a simple bun can actually be modified into many different types of bun hairstyles, depending on what you want to go for. From messy buns to braided buns, there are easy bun hairstyles for every occasion.
Different types of bun hairstyles
The simple bun can be altered to accommodate your specific type of hair while keeping your comfort in mind. Even though you may think that long hair has more variations in style, there are easy bun hairstyles available for all hair lengths. Thus, there will surely be something that will be suitable for your hair.
A bun is a convenient hairstyle that you can just quickly do when you have to go out in a hurry or when the heat gets unbearable. If you are someone who is just starting to explore different hairstyles, a bun can be a good place to start, where you can slowly build your confidence up to more complicated techniques. Plus, it looks super cute and will make you smile at yourself in the mirror.
Here are a few different types of bun hairstyles:
1. Classic messy bun
Ah, the famous, soft and artsy look that manages to be both beneficial and pretty. Doing messy bun hairstyles is probably the simplest out of all the kinds of buns.
- For this, first, pull your hair in a high ponytail and pass the band around the length once.
- Then, twist the band and pass it over the ponytail again, this time leaving the ends out. Make sure this loose and comfortable to give a messy look and use bobby pins to secure it better.
2. Artsy messy bun
You can do make messy bun hairstyles artsier by passing a pencil or a hair stick through the lower side to the top side in a slanted manner while being careful to not scratch yourself.
3. Double buns
Third, on this list of easy bun hairstyles is a cute look that will take you back to your childhood days. Double buns are also known as space buns and are simple enough to do.
- For this, you will first need to part your hair in the middle and comb out each side of the division. Make sure to be even with the distribution of hair to ensure a symmetric look.
- Then, take one side of the partition, combing out all the knots as you put it in a ponytail around the top back of your hair. The position of the ponytail can be as per your preference, keeping in mind that the base of your ponytail is where your bun will be situated. Repeat this same process for the other side carefully, while observing to see that the placements are even.
- Then, take the length of your hair from one ponytail, coil it in a rope and wrap it around the base, securing it with a hair tie if you need, and then use bobby pins. Repeat the same process with the other side.
- Using pins of the same colour as your hair will ensure that they blend in effortlessly.
Double buns do not take much time to make and can also be an adorable variation in the many messy bun hairstyles, by making them looser as you would in a messy bun.
This can be a quirky hairstyle for adults and is actually really popular in Japan’s Harajuku street fashion. It can be a great way to do your hair especially if your hair is on the thicker side and cannot fit properly in a single bun.
4. Royal low side bun
Easy bun hairstyles can be done in various placements and so, if you want to go for a side bun, a royal low side bun can give you a classy look.
- First, comb your hair to free it from any kind of tangles and knots.
- Then, nicely gather all your hair on one side of your head, as per your choice.
- Divide this hair into two sections on the same side and wrap each section into a knot as a simple small bun.
- Then, use pins to hold these two buns together inconspicuously
You can accessorize this bun to fit it more according to your style!
5. Double top knot
The double top knot is a good choice if you want to go for high bun hairstyles. High bun hairstyles are useful in battling the heat because they manage to look both elegant, while also ensuring that your hair stays up, keeping the nape of your neck cool.
- In the top knot, first put mousse on your comb and then use it to comb your hair upwards.
- Then, wrap most of your hair in a bun as you would when it comes to a normal bun while leaving a little on the side.
- Wrap this remaining section of your head around the base of your bun and use bobby pins to secure its placement.
You can use high bun hairstyles like these to go for a more elegant look, especially if you are styling yourself for a special occasion.
6. Braided crown
Yes, you heard that right, there are bun hairstyles with braids! In these, a touch of finesse is added to the normal bun, giving it a more romantic look, as you would see with the bridesmaids at any wedding. Bun hairstyles with braids might not be for every occasion, but for when you want to feel both dreamy and cosy, these are definitely the way to go!
- In the braided crown, you first need to need to braid your hair on the sides using the waterfall braiding technique, in which you take three sections of hair on one side and braid them to get a waterfall effect. Thus, before tying your bun, you need to secure waterfall braids on both sides of your head, either using elastic bands or bobby pins.
- Wrap the remaining hair in a messy bun carefully without disturbing the braids.
- Use flowers or patterned clips as accessories on the side to act to the soft effect that makes you look like one of your favourite fairy tale characters
Bun hairstyles with braids can be a great match with dresses, to give you that relaxing aesthetic vibe for your evening. This can especially be good for those with longer hair, that the normal bun cannot hold as properly.
Having a Good Hair Life
The first step in styling your hair is to take care of it properly as it deserves. Keep your hair clean and ensure that it gets the nutrition that it needs. Always be gentle when you comb into any style and do not yank the knots out.
Easy bun hairstyles can be incorporated in your daily life by simply reading these steps and watching a few tutorials. So, the next time you are in a rush for an outing and your hair is still out of place, just pop it in a bun and you will be good to go!