As much as we don’t like summer’s scorching heat we all love mangoes in this season and it’s all varieties. Mango, as we knew, is known as “king of fruits”. Someone has rightly given this name to the mango. Mango is not just delicious, juicy and tempting fruit has some incredible other benefits. Also, if you are that minority who doesn’t like mango just try DIY mango recipes for your hair and skin. So do look for DIY mango face masks and hair masks.
Some Interesting Facts About Mango
- Most of us are not aware that mango is not only India’s national fruit but it is a national fruit of Pakistan as well. Also, the mango tree is the national tree of Bangladesh.
- Mangoes are native of South Asia and India and the name ‘mango’ is originated from Malayalam word māṅṅa (or mangga) via Dravidian-Tamil in the 15th and 16th centuries.
- India is one of the largest producers of mango followed by China and Thailand.
This article will make you aware of what wonders can mango do to our hair and skin along with its nutritional value.
Nutritional Value of Mango
Mango is one fruit that is not only mouth-watering but provides your body with huge amounts of nutrients. Eating mango is like a two-way profiting deal, taste + health gains. Listing some of the health advantages of mangoes.
- Low in calories. So you need not worry about the fat as mango is quite low in calories. It also helps to keep your cholesterol and free fatty acid levels low.
- Extremely rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants protect from cell damage and act as a shield against many chronic diseases. It also has a super antioxidant known as mangiferin which is found to be helpful in countering cancer diabetes, oxidative stress, apoptosis, and inflammation.
- Zeaxanthin, an oxidant, present in mango helps to treat macular degradation. It plays a vital role in maintaining the health of your eyes.
- Being rich in Vitamin A, C, E, and K, mango acts as an immunity booster for your body.
- It has important minerals such as magnesium and potassium which helps to maintain blood pressure levels, keeps a check on your pulse rate, and relaxes your blood vessels.
- It also has digestive enzymes that keep your digestive system healthy. Dietary fibres and plenty of water amounts present in the mango are found to be helpful in treating diseases like constipation and diarrhoea.
- Being highly rich in Vitamin A promotes healthy growth of hair and also promotes healthy skin. It also helps in moisturizing your scalp and protects your skin from the sun. not only hair and skin it helps in the development of body tissues. The presence of Vitamin C helps in maintaining the collagen level in the body.
Also, being extremely delicious one can easily add mangoes to their diet. One can eat it in salads, shakes, and smoothies.
Quick DIY Mango Recipes
All mango lovers will agree to the fact that mangoes are irresistible! But it is important to eat everything in moderate amounts. One should not exceed more than two servings a day. According to The United States Department of Agriculture, adults should eat 1 1/2 to 2 cups of fruit per day. We have tried to put some of the easiest recipes that you can try at your home with very basic ingredients!
- Mango pudding, add flavours of mango to your usual pudding. Try it out with coconut, mango and coconuts go together nicely.
- Make your own mango ice-cream! Make a mango puree, add some water to it with some amount of sugar as per your taste buds. Freeze it and your ice-cream is ready. You can also add dry- fruits to give it a mango kulfi touch.
- Aam ras. Traditional and very old mango recipe usually served with poori. Aam ras is a simple thick mango juice.
- Mango shake is one of our favourites in summer! Try it out
- Mango shrikhand- just add mango puree to your usual shrikhand and you are done
DIY Mango Hair Masks
Wondering what can mangoes do to your hair? As already mentioned, being rich in vitamin A mango hair masks can do wonders for your hair.
Egg and mango hair mask
Take two eggs according to the length of your ai, add some curd and mix them well. Peel the mango and mash them in a separate bowl. Mix them both together. Apply it on your hair from scalp to the ends and keep it for an hour. After that just wash your hair with lukewarm water and mild shampoo.
Olive oil and mango mask
Just 2 tbsp of olive oil with the pulp of one mango. Grind them together. Apply the mixture at least for 30 minutes and then rinse it off. It will make your hair smooth and give it a good shine.
Mango and Multani Mitti (fuller’s earth) hair mask
Add smashed mangoes to Multani Mitti, make it a good paste. Apply it for some time and then wash it. You can use this mask for your skin as well
Banana mango hair mask
Just mash banana and mango together, add a few drops of any essential oil, and it is done. Apply it for an hour and then rinse it off.
Aloe vera and mango hair mask
Add aloe vera gel and some smashed mango along with some castor oil. Mix them and it is ready.
DIY Mango Butter
Just smash the mango and add unsalted butter and some amount of shea butter to it. blend them together using a grinder to give it a nice creamy texture. You can also add some essential oil as well.
DIY Mango Face Masks
These face masks with simple ingredients will definitely help you to improve your facial skin.
- Mango scrub: add 1tbsp mango pulp along with 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp of milk. Mix them and use it as a scrub.
- Mango and wheat mask: Make your skin glow with this easy mask. Add 1 tbsp honey and mango pulp along with 2 tbsp of wheat flour, mix them well. Apply this mixture for at least 15 minutes.
- Oats and almonds mask: smash the mango, add powdered oats and almonds to it, mix all the ingredients using raw milk. Apply it and you will get clearer and softer skin.
- Mango and milk mask: just mix smashed mango with some warm milk to make it a thick paste. This paste will help you treat your dark spots.
- Mango and Gram flour (Besan) Mask: add 4 tbsp of mango pulp, 2 tbsp gram flour, 1 tbsp honey, and 1 tbsp yoghurt. Mix them well. Apply the mixture, let it dry, and then wash it with cold water.
Try these DIY mango recipes to make your overall health better!