Typically, pregnancy lasts up to 36 weeks that is 9 months. The pregnant belly size increases as the weeks or months pass during pregnancy. There are 3 different pregnant belly stages in which baby bumps during pregnancy start visibly.
- First trimester
- Second trimester
- Third trimester
When you are able to know that you are pregnant?
The first sign of pregnancy is missing periods. This will not give surety but ping you for testing the pregnancy. Women can use home pregnancy test kits for testing out the pregnancy after 1 week of missing periods.
You can also refer to the doctor if you feel that the home pregnancy kit is not giving actual results. Make sure if your result is positive even then you will cross-check with the doctor.
Weight gain during pregnancy belly stages
During pregnancy, you need to gain weight each trimester, and doctors also suggest this. Weight gaining during pregnancy is important for the long-term health of the baby. You should be aware of your weight during pregnancy.
If you are underweight then you need to gain more weight and if you are overweight then you need to gain less weight. In pregnancy, your body tissues also develop resulting in an increase in breast size and uterus.
BMI and Pregnancy
The weight gaining process of a pregnant woman depends on the BMI (Body Mass Index) of the woman before pregnancy. The normal weight woman needs to gain 25-35 pounds during pregnancy. Underweight women should gain more than that and overweight should gain less.
- Pregnant women with BMI below 18.5 should gain 28 to 40 pounds.
- Pregnant women with BMI between 25-29 should gain 15 to 25 pounds.
- Pregnant women with a BMI above 30 should gain 11 to 20 pounds.
Weight gain process in trimesters
The process of gaining weight and visibility of baby bump during pregnancy starts from the first trimester of pregnancy and lasts up to the third trimester of pregnancy.
- First trimester: The first trimester of pregnancy is the period of 1 week to 12 weeks. It is recommended that during the first trimester there should be minimal weight gain that is around 1.1 to 4.4 pounds. The first trimester is the starting of pregnancy that is why you should not gain more than average. In this period of pregnancy heart, muscles, and mainly all organs of the baby form.
- Second trimester: During the second trimester of pregnancy women should gain weight according to weeks. The second trimester is from 13 weeks to 28 weeks. Women should gain per week from 0.5 to 1.0 pounds.
- Third trimester: The third trimester of pregnancy is the period between 29 weeks till birth. It is the last trimester. The weight gain should be steady. The weight gain in the third trimester should be 0.5 to 1.0 pounds per week.
Fun facts or truth about pregnant belly stages and size
There are some women who become very conscious about their belly size but it’s a natural process. Let’s read about the facts or truth of pregnant belly stages and size that every pregnant woman should know related to the changes which you are feeling inside and outside as well.
Pregnant belly stages won’t be noticeable in the beginning
The pregnant woman obviously feels some difference in the beginning but that doesn’t mean that your belly size changes suddenly. You will feel some changes inside your body. The pregnant woman’s belly size will not increase in the beginning. It will increase in later months.
Visibility of baby bump and stages of pregnant belly
Baby bumps during pregnancy will begin to show between 13 weeks to 21 weeks along. Typically during the first trimester of pregnancy, the baby bump will not be visible. It will start at the beginning of the second trimester of pregnancy. The underweight pregnant woman starts showing around 12 weeks and overweight around 16 weeks.
Formation of the dark line
While your belly size increases and baby bump becomes visible then around 23 weeks you will see a dark line from your belly to the pubic area. This is very normal as during pregnancy so many hormonal changes occur in the body so it is not the thing to worry about and it will fade in a few months after delivery of the baby. The exposure to sunlight will deepen the darkness so it is advised to always keep your belly covered.
Belly button become an outie
When your belly size increases then at that time your belly button will not be much visible but once you have completed 26 weeks your belly button becomes an outie. The expansion of the uterus is the cause of visibility of the belly button.
Baby likes when you touch your belly
The touching or holding your bump makes you feel warm and your baby will also feel good when you touch your belly. In studies, it is shown that the fetus responds when you touch your belly.
Physical and mental health during pregnancy
During pregnancy, you will feel morning sickness, mood swings, anxiety, etc., which is very normal. For relaxing yourself you can go for a walk in fresh air which will lighten your mood. Go for a massage for issues like backache, headache & bodyache. Yoga will help a lot in reducing anxiety and making your body active.
Hiding pregnant belly stages
- If a pregnant woman wants to hide the baby bump, then she should wear loose clothes or long shirts.
- An open cardigan will hide the belly of pregnant women.
- Wear the clothes with busy patterns as this will show less belly but avoid stripes.
- Black is the color that makes a woman look slimmer so for hiding the pregnancy belly wear black clothes.
- Tuck in your shirts as this will look like puff up shirts and hide your baby bump.
The main conclusion is that pregnancy is a very beautiful feeling for both mother and the baby. Every woman should enjoy this phase of life. Carrying the baby in your tummy is a very awesome and incredible feeling. Never think about belly fat, baby bump, diet, etc., just enjoy the phase.