Are you a fan of colorful and frozen drinks? As we have started having parties at home, you might be searching for some great recipes for having a great time. Nothing is better than margaritas. The margaritas are the original and one of the simplest recipes if you are a beginner. One of the best variations of the classic margarita is ‘Blue Frozen Margarita Cocktail’. It is blue like the ocean and cold like the winters. So, why hold yourself back from this classic cocktail? Wanna know the blue frozen margarita cocktail recipe?
Read on to know!
What is so special about Margaritas?
Margaritas are iconic drinks from a long long time. Although the blue frozen margarita cocktail is one of the best margarita cocktails, the original margarita still remains one of the iconic drinks. The best and special thing about margarita is its simplicity. The only ingredient you need is tequila, triple sec and lime juice. The balance of flavours in this drink is delightful. The other good thing about margarita is that you can drink it at any occasion.
There are so many varieties of margaritas which are difficult to count. Blue frozen margarita is one of the frozen margaritas. Moreover, you can try other similar variations of this drink which are delicious, smooth and worth trying once in your life.
About Blue Frozen Margarita Cocktail
An original margarita which is made with just three ingredients: tequila, triple sec and lime juice is obviously a classic drink to savour but cocktails are something which is spiced up with different flavours and textures. One of those is a blue frozen margarita cocktail. In this drink, the triple sec is replaced with orange liqueur and Blue Curacao. The blue frozen margaritas may probably be the most delicious drinks you’ll ever taste. This wild-looking tropical cocktail drink gets its fantastic blue hue from blue Curacao.
Blue Curacao- The Key Ingredient
Blue Curacao is the ingredient which gives this drink a fine and vibrant blue colour. The image of this drink is what entices the drinker and blue Curacao is the one which makes it. It is sweeter than triple sec and has a citrusy taste because of the flavour of bitter oranges in it. Curacao comes in various colours and blue is one of them.
Blue Curacao originated in the Dutch Caribbean and is made with a very specific type of bitter oranges. It is the most significant member as, without it, the blue frozen margarita is just a boring drink.
How strong is Blue Frozen Margarita Cocktail?
The blue frozen margarita cocktail is definitely alcoholic because it contains liqueurs and tequila which are sure to get you a little high. It is not a light drink because it is primarily made with alcohol. When this drink is made with 80-proof tequila and 60-proof blue curacao, the overall alcoholic content in this drink makes it 23℅ ABV which means it falls to 46 proof range. So, it is definitely not a light drink. It is like taking a neat small tequila shot. So, you should be careful with the consumption of this highly potent cocktail.
How to make a blue frozen margarita cocktail?
The wait has ended and the vibrant and delicious blue frozen margarita recipe is here. The ingredients are very simple and require minimal effort. Make sure the ingredients are high-quality because if you want to make something good you need good quality things for that and especially when it is a drink.
Looking for a drink to get squiffy? Try Four Horsemen!
So, here’s the blue frozen margarita cocktail recipe for you:
- 1 ½ ounce Tequila
- 1 ounce Blue Curacao
- 1 ounce fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt and lime wedge for garnishing
- A cocktail shaker
- A cocktail glass
- Ice cubes
How to prepare it:
- Rim the chilled cocktail glass with salt.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes, pour Blue Curacao, Tequila, Lime Juice. (You can also add simple syrup if you like)
- Shake it well.
- Strain and pour the drink into the prepared glass.
- Garnish the cocktail with a lime wedge.
- Serve and enjoy the drink!
This was the original and delicious blue frozen margarita cocktail recipe. Make this on your house parties or any other occasion and surprise your friends with this new talent.
Variations of Blue Frozen Margarita Cocktail
If you liked the basic blue frozen margarita recipe, you can spice it up with some variations. Here are some variations of this recipe you can try:
- If you want to make this drink a little sweeter, you can try adding simple syrup to the recipe. It may enhance the flavour, making it sweet. Mix 1 ½ ounce tequila, ¾ ounce blue Curacao and lime juice and ¼ ounce of simple syrup and you are done.
- You can make a blue frozen Moscato margarita. You need the same ingredients as the original blue frozen margarita cocktail- tequila, triple sec, lime juice and blue Curacao but here’s the twist add ½ ounce, Moscato, in the drink and you’re left with the delicious variation of this drink.
Serving ideas blue frozen margarita cocktail
This cocktail is beautiful, so you might as well try some creative serving ideas if you are the host of the party or just trying to get an Instagram worthy picture. Serving it will definitely make you enjoy the drink to the fullest. Here are some amazing serving ideas for a blue frozen margarita cocktail:
- If you are not a fan of margarita glasses or regular cocktail glasses. Replace this glassware with the ‘rocks glass’. Be casual and serve it in your lowball glass on the rocks to enjoy the drink in your own way, even if it is regular or casual.
- Blending makes the flavour more enhanced which mixing or shaking could never. So take out your blender and instead of just shaking it in the shaker, blend all the ingredients with 5-6 ice cubes until it comes out smooth.
- The ice melts easily while you shake the ingredients. So, put the ice cubes straight in the glass rather than mixing it with the ingredients in the shaker and pour the ingredients into it if you like solid ice in your drink.
This was how you make a blue frozen margarita cocktail. Take this cocktail easy and do not just take one shot after another. The drink is highly potent so be careful of the cocktail’s amount you consume.