You might have known that apple cider vinegar for weight loss is very helpful.
And you may also have heard many people saying that consuming apple cider vinegar for just 1 week can help you lose weight significantly, but is this true or just another widely circulated myth.
As much as the very idea of losing a significant amount of weight in a week sounds interesting, we must take a deeper insight to understand whether it is feasible or not. This article is going to help you with all your confusions.
What is apple cider vinegar?
Apple cider is another type of vinegar that is prepared from fermented apple juice.
For the preparation of apple cider vinegar first, the apples are crushed and the juice is extracted from them. After this, yeast and bacteria are added to the squeezed juice.
Yeast helps in the fermentation of the juice, which in turn results in the conversion of sugar present in the apple juice into alcohol. After that, the added bacteria help in the fermentation of this alcohol and it gets converted into acetic acid.
The strong smell and sour flavor that we observe in the apple cider vinegar is because of the presence of this very acetic acid.
How to use apple cider vinegar for weight loss?
1. Consumption of Apple Cider vinegar helps you maintain your blood sugar level.
A well-maintained blood sugar level helps you to control all of a sudden food cravings. This means that you not going to overeat which would result in controlled weight.
2. Apple cider vinegar helps in promoting the fat burning process which in turn leads to weight loss.
Various researches have shown that the presence of acetic acid in apple cider vinegar increases the AMPK enzyme which in turn escalates the fat burning process in your body.
3. Regular consumption of apple cider vinegar may help in escalating the basic metabolic rate of your body.
If a person’s basic metabolic rate is low, this means that they going to gain weight even if they are eating less.
There is no direct relationship between weight gain and the amount of food that a person consumes. It all depends on the metabolic rate of your body.
Various studies have found that the consumption of apple cider vinegar helps in increasing the metabolism of your body.
If you are consuming apple cider vinegar besides a well-regulated diet, this would lead to an increase in the metabolic rate of your body. This increased metabolic rate would thus make your body use the excess fat in terms of energy resulting in weight loss.
4. Apple cider vinegar ensures loss of appetite.
This loss of appetite ensures that you eat less. Apple cider vinegar helps in delaying the process of food leaving the stomach which in turn makes you feel full and thus you eat less. Since you are eating less, this would result in a low-calorie intake. Low-calorie intake leads to a calorie deficit in your body and helps you in losing weight.
5. It helps in reducing fat storage.
The acetic acid present in apple cider helps in the reduction of fat storage in your belly as well as in other areas of your body.
How to consume apple cider vinegar for weight loss?
A very important thing to keep in mind while consuming and enjoying the benefits of apple cider vinegar especially for weight loss is that, it should be consumed in quite a measured amount.
Drinking more apple cider vinegar doesn’t make you lose more weight. Consuming it in excess amount may harm your health rather than helping you to lose weight.
The best way to consume apple cider vinegar is to take 15 to 20 ml of apple cider vinegar and mix it with a glass of water.
Consume it regularly for better benefits.
You could also use them as salad dressings, food preservatives, in your chutneys et cetera.
If the taste of apple cider vinegar troubles you try looking for food products where you could add it and then consume it without giving much thought about its sour taste.
Other benefits of apple cider vineger
1. It helps in decreasing your insulin levels.
2. Apple cider vinegar is found to help kill harmful bacteria and fungi present in your body.
3. Apple cider helps in fighting acne and acne spots.
4. Apple cider vinegar helps in relieving sunburns.
5. If you have arthritis or gout, consumption of apple cider may relieve your pain.
6. It is also helpful in reducing frizzy hair and helps to restore the lost shine of your hair
7. Using a few drops of apple cider vinegar in your bath may help you pull out the toxins in your body in turn leaving you with clear, bright and moisturized skin.
Apple cider vinegar for weight loss in 1 week
It isn’t a guarantee that apple cider vinegar for weight loss is useful for losing weight in one week. Apple cider vinegar does assist in reducing weight in the long run, like if you are consuming it for a month or two.
Things to keep in mind before consuming apple cider vinegar
- If you haven’t diluted it properly, it might lead to tooth enamel erosion.
- Your throat might feel sore after it’s consumption since the present acetic acid can affect your throat.
Apple cider vinegar is really helpful in losing weight. But for the very simple reason that everyone’s body and digestive system are different, a significant amount of weight loss isn’t guaranteed. It may work for you and it may not if you are consuming it for one week.
But regular consumption of it is going to help you in the long run. Try including this liquid in your diet since it has other health benefits as well and it would, in turn, ensure the better functioning of your body and would also help in weight loss.