This generation is high on hustling! Everybody seems to have a stringently busy schedule working 24×7. But due to this mechanism body undergoes wear and tear and hence needs to be repaired. And there can’t be a better method than keeping it fit with Yoga Postures. One such astonishing posture is Kapalbhati Pranayam! So, find out all about it below right from its benefits to the types.
What exactly is Kapalbhati Pranayam?
Since ages, breathing yoga technique is considered to be something that acts as an all pain reliever. Whether it is body ache, digestion issue or breathing, it resolves it all. Such breathing is famously known as ‘yogic breath’ throughout the world. Among numerous list of breathing yoga, one such is Kapalbhati Pranayam. It is associated with freshness and purity for ages. This word comes from 2 different words: one being ‘Kapal’ which means the forehead of a human and the other is ‘Bhati’ which means shining.
And the word Pranayam relates to the technique of breathing. It has its roots from a Sanskrit word which literally means breathing technique that makes the forehead shine. The reason behind such a name is the fact that this breathing technique brightens the mind as well as intellect.
It may sound as well as seem like it’s the easiest thing in the world but the reality is just so different. In reality, it is the most technical thing to be done. But alongside its tough performance, it also is the utmost beneficial exercise. It is considered as a ‘shat kriya’ and relieves the body of all the toxicity. While it cleanses the body, the body gets blessed with a plethora of mental, and bodily benefits.
It is done by settling yourself down in a yogic posture and breathing in a certain way. Many people consider it to be an exercise of limbs, but in reality, it’s all about breathing deeply. Its classification has been done in 8 limbs of yoga as determined in Yoga Sutra. The Yoga Sutra has been written by Sage Patanjali who is known to be the founder of Yoga. Practicing the same keeps your mind fresh and body healthy.
What are the different types of Kapalbhati Pranayam?
Ever thought about its types! Well most of us think there’s just one way of doing it, but in reality, there are three. These three types are these:
Vatakrama Kapalbhati: This is the most famous one and is generally practiced by many people. In this one exhales actively, and inhales in a manner which is passive. In short, the exhalation is dominant while the inhalation is recessive.
Vyutkrama Kapalbhati: In this, one has to sniff the water within through the passage of nostrils. Further, let it go down from your mouth. Lastly, let it get spat from out of your lips.
Sheetkrama Kapalbhati: This can also be called as reverse Kapalbhati. In this, one has to take in water from his mouth and then it needs to be expelled out of the nostril passage.
What are the various benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayam?
- It works as a heat generator for the body. It allows toxic substances as well as other waste matter to get dissolved.
- When it comes to kidneys and livers, Kapalbhati is the best-sought solution. It helps a lot in the functioning of the same.
- The dark circles can be easily removed by this. Also, any difficulty relating to eyesight is cleared off by this. If your eyes look too stressed, then Kapalbhati is the perfect solution for you.
- Blood flow in the body, as well as digestion, is taken care of really well by this.
- The body metabolism is something that is kept well in check by this. Also, it gives amazing results when it comes to weight loss.
- Abdominal organs are well regulated by this. That is why it is considered to be the best medicine for patients affected by diabetes.
- It revives the brain and hence It’s functioning nerves.
- This process keeps you composed and cool in the toughest situations.
- It makes your mind and body well-balanced and coordinated.
- Gastric issues can be perfectly checked out by this. But only when it’s done the right way. Therefore, it is generally not allowed to be done by gastric patients. Because, if done the wrong way it can lead to huge issues.
- It reworks the capacity of lungs and improves It’s functioning.
- Doing it on a regular basis will make your face glow as nothing else can.
- It is a must for students as it makes their mental power boosted up.
- It makes the 7 body chakras activated.
- It is the best curator for asthmatic issues as well as the ones related to sinus.
- If you are the depression-prone type, then kapalbhati is the best thing to rescue you.
What are the various side effects???
- Kapalbhati is not good for people dealing with hypertension. Also, hernia patients can get badly affected by this.
- It can make you feel sleepy and dizzy. Also, you may have a headache type of sensation in your head.
- You may feel like vomiting everything out as it is inclusive of immense breathing.
- Your mouth may feel too dry and sore in the process.
- On the other hand, you may feel there’s a lot of saliva secretion in your mouth.
What are the things to keep in mind?
- Those who belong to the heart patient throng should be really cautious while exhaling.
- It should be practiced in the early morning hours when there is zero diets in your stomach.
- Those who are affected by high blood pressure issues should go real-time steadily with respect to kapalbhati.
- It would be best to learn it from a proper yoga teacher who holds a certification in the same. Also, have proper health check-up done before you get into it.
So, this was all about the scintillating art of Kapalbhati Pranayam! Do refer to this guide everytime you are in doubt about the same.
Stay happy, stay healthy! 💚