Workout is essential for both mental and physical well-being. If you do regular stretching, the threats of various diseases would subside with time and make your immunity stronger.
It is also important for staying fit and maintaining a particular bodyweight, which is considered healthy. All bodies are beautiful but there’s no harm in attempting to keep them healthy.
Your daily stretching routine should consist of both static and dynamic exercises, that is, holding a position without moving, and a workout, that involves movement, respectively.
It can be tiring in the first few days but with regular practice, you’re going to get better at it and your stamina would increase.
In this article, we would be talking about certain stretches to do every day, that would not only make you fitter but also stronger and more flexible. Read along to find out!
Also, read: 10 Stretching Exercises To Relieve A Stiff Back
9 Stretches to do every day
Here are a few exercises that would collectively require 10-15 minutes of your time, daily. Reduce chances of injuries and discomfort by following the correct instructions before doing them.
- These would require a standing position with relaxed arms. When you’re ready to start, raise your shoulders, without moving your hands.
- Next, roll the shoulders back and keep rolling it in a circular motion. Feel the pressure while you’re doing it.
- After rolling the shoulders backward about 5-10 times, continue the same in the reverse direction, that is, forward.
- This entire sequence should be repeated 2 times. Feel pumped up already? There’s more to your daily stretching routine.
- Stand straight with your legs apart, the distance being the same as your shoulder-width.
- Keep your arms loosened. Begin by bending your chin towards your chest.
- Rotate your head slowly, in a clockwise motion, feeling the rotation. Wait for a few seconds before repeating it in an anticlockwise direction. Do the entire process 3 times.
- This is a great way to stimulate your head and neck muscles, making you feel alive and energetic.
3. Hamstring Stretch
- Hold a standing position and keep your legs straight. Start by bending one of your knees, say the right one, and bring your left foot forward.
- The toes of your left leg should face upwards, with the heel on the ground. Flex the leg and slightly bend forward.
- Your hands should be placed on the right thigh. Hold the posture for about 15-20 seconds before relaxing for a while and then doing it on your other leg.
- This exercise should be done 3 times in your daily stretching routine.
4.Tricep Stretch Behind The Head
- This is an excellent arm workout exercise you should inculcate in your daily stretching routine.
- Stretch out your right hand straight up, keeping in mind that the elbow should be close to your head.
- Bend it back behind your neck and use your left hand to hold the right upper arm, just behind the elbow.
- Push the elbow downwards, so that the right hand moves further down and the muscles are stretched.
- Hold the position for 10 seconds and try the same for your left hand, taking 5 seconds to break in between.
- Repeat the same, 2-3 times.
5. Hip Rotation
- Hip rotation is a vital part of most daily workout routines because of its beneficial impacts. It makes the hip muscles more flexible, curbing hip aches and muscle soreness.
- Sit strand with your hands on your hips. Slowly move your hips forward and rotate them in a circular motion 3-4 times.
- Don’t rush it and feel the pressure in your muscles.
- After you’re done, come back to the initial position and do the same thing in the backward direction.
6. Child’s Pose
- This includes a series of movements.
- Bend your body by placing your knees flat on the floor and toes pointed back. Next, go back and sit on your heels.
- Next, lower your chest forward, towards the floor and push back your butt. Your arms should slide forward.
- Try to hold this posture for about 30 seconds and repeat it 3-4 times, taking 10 seconds breaks in between. This exercise is a great way to end your daily stretching routine.
7. Knee To Chest Stretch
- Lie down straight on the ground. Keep your right leg straight, the way it is, bend your left leg.
- Put your hands behind your left knee, bring it closer to your chest as much as you can and stretch for 10 seconds.
- Do the same thing with your right leg and repeat the process 5 times. This is one of the most effective stretches to do every day to reduce your leg and belly fat.
- When you start, your legs should be spaced apart at the width of your hips.
- Step wide on the right and remember to keep both feet faced forward.
- Next, tilt the right knee and move your hips in the rightward direction.
- Stay in this position for 10 seconds and make sure to keep your feet flat on the grown, facing forward.
- Go back to the initial position and do the same on the other side.
- A daily stretching routine should consist of 5 repetitions of this exercise.
9. Side Seat Straddle
- This is a sitting exercise that would need you to sit with your legs stretched apart, with your toes pointing upwards.
- Hold your left toes with both your hands and try to take your chin closer to your knee as far as you can. Keep your back straight and don’t overdo the stretch.
- Hold it for around 10-15 seconds, before taking a 5 seconds gap.
- You can then do the same with the other leg and repeat thrice.
Following a daily steering routine is the best thing that you can do to your body but don’t overexert your muscles. Doing that can lead to uncalled-for injuries and pain.
You’ve got to be consistent with your routine if you want to achieve desirable results.
Now that you’re aware of some of the most popular stretches to do every day, get started with your routine and get that dream body!