Just diamonds? Nah, I believe that converses can be a girl’s best friend too, don’t you? After all, they have been with you through your thick and thin! They had been there when you had to run the toughest errands or had to attend that sudden casual hangout. Actresses like Milli Bobby Brown have even flaunted them on red carpets which have made them a sensation! After all, what can be better than a comfortable fashion right?
The only drawback though? They can get strained pretty easily. But, do not worry because here I have listed 5 of the easiest converse cleaning hacks for you, that will make your converses look squeaky clean in no time! So go ahead ladies, read on and do not think twice before putting your fashion feet forward!
Did you know? Liquid Detergents can do wonders on your converses! Vanish Liquid can be a perfect example but most other liquid detergents will work equally.
- Pour a few drops of water on the stained areas properly with preferably cold water and wait for 3-4 minutes
- Put the liquid detergent on the stains and wait for another 3-4 minutes or the amount of time advised by your detergent manufacturer.
- Take a small but medially soft-bristled brush and gently rub the stains
- Clean the areas with a damp cloth or wash them with water
- Be surprised by the results when they are dried!
Note- Solid detergents work well too. Remember to use a chlorine-free detergent.
Soap and water
This is the safest method of cleaning your precious converses but unfortunately, it works only on light stains.
- Pour a few drops of water on the stained areas
- Take the soap and rub it on the areas
- Rinse with a damp cloth until the stains are removed
- Dry and enjoy your clean converses!
Baking soda and vinegar
The secret to spotless converses revealed!! Just follow the steps and be amazed! No matter how dirty your converses are, this method will work( with your patience and efforts)
- Wash your converses in cold water or soak them for about 4 minutes
- In a glass bowl, mix baking soda and clear vinegar to form a paste
- Brush the paste on the stains( do not use a hard brush)
- Soak in the water again and rinse with a damp cloth
- Let dry!
Nail polish remover
Getting rid of the tough to get off nail paints isn’t the only function of this wonder solution! You can just dip cotton in Nail polish remover and get the stains off your converses. (Only use it on the rubber part and not the fabric)
Surprisingly, it works!
- Put some toothpaste on the stains( avoid coloured ones since they can stain your shoes even more)
- Wait for 8-10 minutes and rinse off with a damp brush and you are done!
The laziest hack is here!! In a hurry? Just grab the eraser! Yes, the very eraser from your pencil box! Though it won’t give you the cleanest pair it will surely manage to satisfy you.
Dos and Don’ts for converses
- Unlike popular belief, avoid putting your converses into the washing machine, it will reduce the longevity of your shoes and can harm some machines as well. If you do have to put them in, put them in a washer bag first.
- Remove your shoelaces and soles before washing the converses. Remove your shoelaces and soak them in detergent water to get the dirt off them. As for the soles, just washing it with detergent will get rid of its dirt!
- Always test the cleaning solutions on a small, preferably hidden(of course) part of your shoes to be aware of any adverse effects. Not all solutions work well on all kinds of stains or fabrics.
- Avoid using bleaches on your converses.
- Do not soak your shoes in water for more than 15 minutes since it can have negative effects on the glue. Washing them under tap water is a better alternative.
- Try to use cold water as hot water can help some stains sit in.
- Let the shoes dry naturally. Do not use any heating or drying devices.
- Before letting them out to dry, stuff them with some paper, so that the shapes remain intact and the paper can also soak the excess water. If you want to shrink your shoes you should skip this step!