Hormones seem like a nasty business. Most of the time women might use them as an excuse to get away from some of their impulsive actions but sometimes they cause a lot of serious issues. Women who suffer from various hormonal imbalances face a lot of difficulties and these have a lot of side effects as well. There are many things that you hear from so many people who claim that it will help in hormonal balance.
If you have a certain hormonal imbalance then you would face such issues or side effects as listed below:
- Sudden weight gain or weight loss
- Weakness in muscles
- Excessive sweating
- Facial hair
- Hunger pangs
- Depression and anxiety
There are so many others that can be caused because of hormonal imbalance. Sometimes there are certainly major reasons behind hormonal imbalance like puberty, menopause, pregnancy, PCOS, PCOD, et cetera. Sometimes it is even because of certain medications or therapies either way it takes a toll on your health. If you have been suffering from some of these then you know whom to blame.
If you are looking for treatments then they are plenty too. You can visit a doctor and discuss your problems and then get the required treatment from them and this is also the right way. If you have been diagnosed with a certain hormonal imbalance then you can accordingly choose the best treatment option for yourself. For some people, medicines work the best, while others tend to look for more natural options.
Best Yoga Poses for Hormonal Balance
Yoga to regulate hormones is one of the best ways to treat this problem and with the least or no side effects at all. So if you are interested in this particular method then here are some of the best yoga exercises to regulate hormones.
1. The Butterfly Pose
The butterfly pose or the baddha konasana is one of the best yoga poses to relieve cramps and even to stretch your hips, knees, and calves. Along with these, this pose is also known for its benefits to balance out the hormones. To do this pose you need to follow these steps:
- Start with sitting on the floor with your back straight and legs spread out at a 90-degree angle. Then Fold your legs, to push the knees outwards and the soles of your feet inward near your crotch.
- Taking a deep breath try to push your knees closer to the ground while firmly holding your feet with your hands for balance.
- You need to bring your feet back to their initial position similar to a butterfly flapping its wings. Do this gently for about 1 minute and then spread your legs again like before.
2. Cat and Cow Pose
Another simple yet effective pose that helps a lot to ease out the hormones. It is also equally good for your back, spine, and neck. If you struggle with back or neck pain then you can regularly perform this exercise to get rid of them.
To this pose you need to follow these steps:
- Start on all fours, which means come on your palms and knees just like an infant does. Make sure that your hands and knees are shoulder distant. This will help provide the balance.
- From your spine in its neutral position, inhale and gently lift your head, pulling the shoulder in and the chest out. Let your body go into an inward curl. From this position, gently bring your head down now facing the floor, push your spine outwards making an arch.
- These two poses go in combination. You need to do this 10 times and then come back to a sitting position.
3. The Boat Pose
From the name, you might have already guessed that this pose should look like you are a boat and that is what it is. If you have thyroid problems then this pose is amazing for you. It is good to develop your core muscles, pelvic region, and even your reproductive organs.
- Start by lying down straight on the mat. Bend your legs from the knees and gently lift them. Along with this, lift your head from the ground to balance your body on the hip area.
- This pose should make a 45-degree angle and looks like a boat. Hold this pose for 30 seconds. You can hold it for up to 1 minute as you gradually get better at this.
- Come back to the initial position. Repeat this thrice.
4. The Child’s Pose
If you are a beginner at yoga then this pose is something that you can start with and then move ahead to more difficult poses. It is not just simple to perform it is equally beneficial too. It helps to release the tension in your lower back, regulate the blood flow in your body, releases cramps, and also calm down your nervous system.
- Sit on a mat with folded legs. Place your hips on your heels and hands on your knees and back straight.
- Next, bend your body to the front from your waist and as you reach the ground place your head on the floor and take your hands back near your hips and feet.
- Hold this posture for as long as a minute and then return to the initial sitting posture.
5. The Bridge Pose
Setubandhasana or a bridge pose is very good for your back and to release any tension from your hips, legs, and shoulder. It is good for mensuration, increases fertility, and also improves your lungs.
- Start by lying on your back on a mat. Then fold your legs from your knees and place your feet hip-width apart from each other.
- Take a breath and lift your hips towards the ceiling and hold your hands together for balance. Exhale and bring your hips back down. You can do this exercise 10 times.
So these were some yoga poses that help with the hormonal balance that you can try out and not worry about any side effects.
Also read: Natural Ways To Balance Hormones