Have you ever heard of sleep apnea? About 80% of people with sleep apnea disorder go undiagnosed. Sleep apnea is a condition where the breathing of a person stops and starts while they are sleeping. Sleep apnea can be mild, moderate or severe. However, if you have sleep apnea you can benefit from a specific type of pillow which may help you with it. Pauses in breathing may shake you awake and the sleep quality is reduced. The proper treatment of sleep apnea is done with continuous positive airways (CPAP).
However, you can make changes to your lifestyle to improve sleep quality by enhancing the sleeping positions. In this article, you’ll find some of the best pillows for sleep apnea to buy from Amazon!
How to Choose the Best Pillow for Sleep Apnea?
A pillow which ensures comfort and quality is the best for improving sleep quality. Those who suffer from sleep apnea should look for factors like contouring, shape, CPAP specific design features in a pillow. The factors mentioned below should be assessed before you purchase a pillow for sleep apnea:
Also read: Pregnancy Pillows
- Your sleeping position may influence pillow performance, especially for CPAP users. Side and stomach sleepers experience pressure from their mask that can cause discomfort and air leak. So, side or stomach sleepers should go for CPAP pillows and back sleep can go for cervical and wedge pillows.
- The shape of the pillow may also influence the quality of the pillow. Side sleepers may prefer contoured designs and other speciality shapes like wedge pillows and CPAP pillows which are also worth buying for certain sleepers.
- The height of the pillow influences the angle of the head and neck for a proper spinal alignment, ease of breathing and comfort. Stomach sleepers may prefer low lift pillows while back sleepers may prefer medium loft and side sleepers, a high loft pillow.
- Firmness and support of the pillow are very important. Materials like polyfoam and memory foam are more supportive. The firmness is all about the preference of the sleeper and the balance of support and contouring for a proper spinal alignment.
- Some pillows create pressure points while others relieve the pressure points. The cervical pillows may reduce the pressure on the neck relieving the pressure points.
- The materials used are very important to ensure the comfort and longevity of the pillow. High-quality material enhances the comfort, performance and durability of the pillow.
Best Pillows for Sleep Apnea to Buy From Amazon
Some pillows may work and help certain individuals with sleep apnea and have better sleep. Finding the right pillow for sleep apnea is dependent on person to person and if you are struggling badly with sleep apnea, you should get it checked with a doctor, they may suggest a proper treatment plan and the perfect pillow for your condition. Here are some of the best pillows for sleep apnea that can help you with positional therapy:
1. METRON Memory Foam, Gel Soft Bed Wedge Pillow
The Metron memory foam wedge bed pillow which provides orthopaedic support is a multi-purpose pillow that is made with medical-grade cool gel memory foam and a PU foam base. It moulds and contours the natural position of your body and provides optimal support. It can relieve the pressure points and gives you a soothing and comfortable posture while sleeping and sitting. It has an anti-slip design that gives extra grip and prevents you from sliding down. You can even sleep, read, write or work on it.
2. JSB BS34 Bed Wedge Pillow For Sleeping
JSB BS34 bed wedge pillow is designed to give you the best results and enjoy your sleep without any pain and discomfort. If you or your partner has sleep apnea or snoring, it can help you out. It lets you sleep in a relaxed position which helps in decreasing tension and strain in the neck, back and shoulders. It is also a great option for maternity sleeping and orthopaedic issues. You can use it for multiple purposes like for sitting, as a leg elevator and as a bed wedge. It may also help in relieving acid reflux as well as with digestion and blood circulation.
3. FOVERA- Multi-Purpose Bed Wedge Pillow
Fovera multi-purpose bed wedge pillow is made with 1.5″ Memory foam and comes with 25-degree angle incline. If you are struggling with issues like acid reflux, back pain, heartburn, digestion, snoring, sleep apnea, coughing and sciatica, this pillow can help you get rid of them.
It is an ergonomically designed pillow which helps relieve the symptoms of acid reflux and nasal passages by elevating the entire torso, relieving the snoring. It gives you a comfortable sleeping experience by aligning neck, head, spine, stomach and hip for easy and comfortable breathing.
4. The White Willow Memory Foam Bed Wedge Pillow For Sleeping
This bed wedge pillow by the white willow provides support and is made with high-quality medical-grade foam which helps give you the elevated support and comfort required to improve the quality of the sleep. The ergonomic design helps improve the sleeping position and comes with a cover which protects the medical-grade foam and gives a relaxed sleeping experience. If you are suffering from back pain, neck pain, pregnancy waves, reflux pains and sleep apnea, the bed wedge pillow may help you relieve these discomforts.
5. Get It Memory Foam Pillow, White
This bed wedge pillow is designed specifically for ultimate relaxation for better sleep quality. The high-density memory foam is great for maximising comfort and good night sleep. The inclined angle is known to reduce snoring, relieve neck, back pain, acid reflux, allergies, breathing issues related to sleep apnea.
It is free from harsh and toxic materials so it won’t be so harsh against your skin. The pillow is breathable and removable so you can easily wash it. It is a multi-purpose pillow, you can use it while sitting, sleeping, as a leg elevator and also for work.
Also read: Snoring Habit