What is an appendix?
Your appendix is a small, finger-shaped, hollow tube in your right abdomen. It is placed at the meeting point of your small intestine and your large intestine. Natural Cure For Appendicitis.
What is the purpose of an appendix?
There is little knowledge about the function of the appendix. Some believe that the appendix acts as a storage for good bacteria which reboots the digestive system. Some experts also believe that the appendix is just useless.
What is appendicitis?
Appendicitis is an inflammation that causes your appendix to swell and become infected. Since the pendant is a hollow tube the most common cause of inflammation is something getting stuck in or out. A fickle is a hard lump of fecal matter that finds its way into the lumen of the appendix and wedges itself there. It could also be that there are things like seeds that were digested or even pinworm infections which are intestinal parasites that can be a cause of obstruction especially in children and in adolescence, it can be is lymphoid follicles growth. When exposed to viral infections like adenovirus measles immunizations the immune system ramps up and there can be unchecked cell division which can lead to infection.
The intestinal lumen including the appendix is always secreting mucus to prevent the pathogens from entering the bloodstream. Even when it’s plugged the appendix just keep secreting as usual, when this happens fluid and mucus build-up increases the pressure on the appendix causing abdominal pain.
Appendicitis may be caused due to an infection resulting from the presence of bacteria, fungi or other parasites in the body. Suffering from crowns disease and intestine disorder are also susceptible to appendicitis.
Appendicitis is quite common in people of age groups of 10 to 30 years. Appendicitis, if untreated can rupture and be of fatal consequences. Therefore the proper diagnosis and treatment on time are required.
Usually, the standard treatment for treating appendicitis is to surgically remove the appendix. Do visit a doctor in case you are noticing any of the symptoms. In addition to visiting a doctor, there are natural remedies for appendicitis that you can use in the comfort of your home.
Symptoms of appendicitis
Symptoms of appendicitis usually include the pain that starts in the middle of your abdomen area and shifts to the right lower belly. And it gradually gets worse over a day or two. It causes more pain when you move or cough or when someone presses on the sore spot.
Patients might also develop a fever in response to the infection which is combined with right lower quadrant abdominal pain at the point roughly where the appendix is. Loss of appetite, feeling sick to your stomach, nausea, and vomiting are also some of the classic symptoms of identifying appendicitis.
Natural remedies for appendicitis
The appendix is present in the lower right side of the abdomen. Inflammation of the appendix is known as appendicitis. In severe cases, it needs to be surgically removed through laparotomy on laparoscopy. If ignored the appendix may rupture which can be fatal. But to ease this pain you can include some food items in your daily diet.
Below mentioned are some simple natural remedies for appendicitis:
1. Add fenugreek seeds also known as methi to 1 litre of normal water. Allow it to simmer for about 30 minutes. Strain the liquid full and drink one glass of this mixture once every morning.
2. Buttermilk helps to treat appendicitis. Consume about 3 to 4 glasses of buttermilk every day.
3. Green gram – Soak the green grams in water overnight. In the morning you’ll find them plum. You can eat them raw or steam them. Take one tablespoon of Green Gram thrice a day.
4. Vegetable juices – For this, you will need carrot beetroot and cucumber. Mix a hundred ml of each cucumber in beetroot juices in 300 ml of carrot juice. Consume this twice a day.
5. Water consumption also helps in the treatment of appendicitis. Drink plenty of water and try consuming at least 8 glasses of water daily.
6. Lemon and honey are of immense benefit. Squeeze fresh lemon juice from one lemon and mix it with an equal quantity of raw honey. Consume these twice a day.
7. Ginger tea or Ginger oil – You will need ginger and water for this. Add some grated ginger to a glass of water and boil it for a few minutes. Strain and drink this when it is lukewarm. Consume this twice a day. You could also massage your lower abdomen with ginger oil a few times a day.
8. Ginseng – Add a few slices of ginsen to a glass of water and boil it for a few minutes. Strain the resultant liquid. Drink this twice a day.
9. Mint leaves – Extract the juice of mint leaves. Add 3 to 4 drops of mint juice to a glass of warm water and drink it every 3 to 4 hours. Have it daily to get relief.
10. Basil leaves – For this you will need basil leaves ginger, honey, in water. Boil a handful of basil leaves and one teaspoon of grated ginger in a glass of water until the mixture is heated. Reduce to half of its original amount. Now strain the resultant liquid and add some honey to it. Drink this mixture twice a day.
Consulting a doctor and getting a proper diagnosis for your appendicitis is very important. The natural cure for appendicitis, as discussed above can be used as an adjunct to ease out the symptoms of appendicitis. Make sure that you are getting an ample amount of sleep, taking proper supplements of Vitamin B, C and E, taking appropriate measures to avoid constipation, drinking lots of water and following a well-balanced diet.